Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So...I'm Running.


Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. (That's for you mom...I think you may be the only person reading this...maybe I should just call you!) It has been some crazy times here in SW MO! We had a serious storm a week and a half ago. Roofs were ripped off of houses, barns blown down, RV picked up and slammed into homes. It was crazy. Our home did ok - we only lost about 15 shingles. I was able to replace them pretty easily with some of the shingles that were left over from the shed that my dad and I built last month. (I say dad and I built...mostly dad though!) The shed was stalwart through the storm...because dad built it. Had I been the one to do it, we would have a burn pile in the middle of the back yard right now. Things are now getting back to normal. Erin texted me today notifying me that the redneck swimming pool was going up today. So we're fitting right in with the culture. We've got a campfire pit, a shed with deer antlers, and a plastic pool in the back yard!

Now, on to the title of this post. Erin and I are training for a half marathon on June 13th. I started running about 4 weeks ago, and this morning was I think the first morning where I wasn't concentrating the whole time on keeping my feet moving. I was actually able to think about some other things while I ran. I actually even prayed for a while while running...it was great. The weather has been absolutely amazing this week. The morning are nice and cool, the afternoons are warm and sunny. It's almost like being in Colorado - well, without any mountains, or trout streams. But today was a good morning...I never thought I'd say it, but I actually enjoyed the run. Erin is doing great with the running too. She's amazing. She started training about a month before I did...so she kicks my tail pretty good. Plus she pushes the stroller with two kids in it most days. She's amazing. We ran 6.5 miles on Sunday. She ran it a full two minutes faster than me. We ran separately though...if we ran together I'd stay with her by talking to her and distracting her making her slow down! I'm fairly confident that I can finish the half marathon...I may not be fast, but I'll finish!

Fund raising is going ok for us I think. Thanks to those of you who might be reading this and are supporting what we're doing! We're about halfway to where we think we need to be as far as our monthly commitments. Jesus continues to prove himself, and confirm to both Erin and I that this is what he wants us to do, and this is where he wants us. You set out on this journey thinking of all these things Jesus is going to do through you, and in the process you realize that Jesus himself is doing more in and on you than he is through you! He is indeed faithful to finish what he starts! I am so excited about what is happening in my heart, in my family's heart, and in the hearts of the people of Mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment