Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jenka


Last Sunday was a great Sunday. The highlight of the day was when we baptized a guy named Jenka. Jenka is from Russia. He's been coming to Mystery for a little while, and through the course of him coming to Mystery, hearing the gospel, and getting involved in the Mystery community he has been given new life by Jesus. I aked Jenka if I could share his testimony on here, and he was gracious enough to let me do that...so here is Jenka's testimony of what Jesus has done in his life. Keep his Russian accent in mind, and be encouraged by what he shares:

Jesus Christ is a powerful and attentive God, who has enough strength for all and remembers each. He is bright gleaming light at the end of dark tunnel that I have to go through to reach Heaven. This tunnel is lined with traps created by sin, and if I look away from this bright and distant light I will fall into any of these dangerous traps. This light, however, gives me hope, and shows the way. It lights up those traps and keeps me safe. I am grateful to Jesus for taking my sins and consuming them giving me fresh start and forgiveness. I have hard time carrying my own burdens, let alone other people’s weight.

I am very happy to share with the world that I have found Jesus Christ, and what a huge difference he made in my life. I have spent first 33 years of my life living in endless pursuit of next big thing that somebody has or claimed to have. I spent most of my time living in the future, regretting and despising the past. Little I realized that present is beautiful and worth every second of my life and every bit of my strength and desire to have. Constant disappointment in either not accomplishing of my goals or goals that I deemed were mine, disappointment of reaching some goals and finding emptiness at the finish line have been an entire life for me. I realize now how poorly I have treated people I loved. How little credit I gave them for all they have done for me. This hatred and dissatisfaction of others came from feeling of my own inadequacy and worthlessness.

Now I finally have peace of mind and warmth in my heart. Distant but ever present thought stinging in the back of my scull of whether I am doing right thing and what it leads to is gone. I have realized that there are things in life that I can enjoy and cherish, that used to appear dull and undesirable before. I love the fact that God has made this life imperfect. This fragile and intricate imperfection is what makes life beautiful and worth living. I enjoy process of self discovery and seeing things around me as they are. I don’t know what is the plan and where is my place, but I have no fear or anxiety about finding it out as I know I am part of a plan that was designed especially for me. The life journey has started and it will be interesting and awesome, it will satisfy desire for adventure and love.

From Jenka to Jesus Christ: THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment