Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Letters, Letters, Letters, Letters!

I've been working on getting all of my support letters written and mailed. I can't tell you how bad my left hand hurts! I'm not used to writing so much these days. I'm getting one of those writing bumps again on the middle finger of my left hand!
This is such a humbling experience. I hate feeling like I'm asking for hand-outs you know? When I see it rightly, I know it isn't just that. This really is an opportunity for folks to use what Christ has given them to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Maybe you're reading this and that's you. This is one way that Jesus is letting you be a part of something bigger than just your life. I'm reading a book called "A Quest for More" and in it the author talks about the fact that we all have this desire to be a part of something that is transcendent. That's why we get so attached to sports teams, why people summit Everest, why we put so much faith in our political party, etc. We want to be a part of something big.
Jesus offers the opportunity to be a part of the biggest thing ever...His Kingdom. We have to fight against the temptation to make our lives about something smaller...something less. Sometimes we settle for the things we "need". But Jesus tells us that our Father will provide what we need so that our lives can be about something more than our needs. That's what I'm learning in sending out these letters...I'm learning to trust Him to provide what I need so that my life can be about something bigger....HIS GLORY.

Thanks to you all for your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment