Monday, April 20, 2009

JOplin, MissOuri

So, my sis had a question, "What's up with the name of your blog?" Good question. I had a lot of trouble coming up with an acceptable name for this thing. I started with "Chile Con Karnes" because I thought it was funny. Then I switched to "I'd Rather Be Fishing" That could've worked probably. I could talk about how I'm a fisher of men, I'm a fisher of fish, etc. But let's be honest...that's kinda lame. So I went with JoMo Sapien. Sometimes people refer to Joplin, MO as JOMO. A lot of people I meet aren't really all that excited about being from Joplin. A lot of people who live in Joplin aren't from Joplin. That's why I called my blog JoMo sapien. It might not be where I'm from...but it is where I live. It is where my wife and I started our lives together, it is where we bought our first home. It is where our kids were born. It is, for all intents and purposes the place on earth that I call HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment